The smarter way to succeed in early childhood education. A career-focused online master's in education with early childhood for £6,000
- 180 credits •
- 2 years part-time •
- £6,000 total fees
- 100% online master's within 24 months
- Study anytime, anywhere, on any device
- Work experience considered for admission
- Earn while you learn
- £6,000 total fees, option to pay per module
- Full academic support
- Top 10 in the UK for ‘Teaching Quality’*
*The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide, 2024
Effective early childhood educators play a critical role in the development of children
Good early childhood education practitioners can have an enormous impact on the education of young children. When successful, they can lay the groundwork for a child’s ongoing education at a critical time when they are learning emotional and social skills that enable them to interact and form partnerships with parents, teachers and peers.
In order to achieve this, effective early childhood educators need to be able to combine a deep understanding of broader educational theory and practice with theoretical and practical experience of education in the early childhood context specifically.
An online master’s designed for education professionals
This 100% online MA Education with Early Childhood degree from North Wales Management School has been created specifically for busy working professionals in early childhood education roles. It enables you to reinforce your practical work experience with the education and early childhood theory, tools and techniques that will help you to achieve career success as a practitioner in early childhood education.
The MA Education with Early Childhood provides professionals who are working within the early years sector with a critical understanding of how educational research, theory, policy and practice intersect with the context of early childhood education in general, and with its specific professional and cultural contexts.
Study flexibly, in your own time, 100% online
The education with early childhood master’s is one of a family of uniquely flexible master’s programmes that can be studied at any time, on a range of desktop and mobile devices and from anywhere in the world. It is designed to cater for busy working professionals and fit around the challenges that you face in your everyday lives, from full-time work to family commitments. You don’t need to take a costly study break and can continue to earn as you learn and apply newly acquired skills and knowledge to your current role.
It is this careers-focused content and delivery that sets the online MA Education with Early Childhood programme apart, making it the smart option for early years education professionals who want to become more effective as educators and more successful in their careers.
What you will learn
The distance learning MA Education with Early Childhood programme promotes critical reflection and evaluation of learning in early childhood education in relation to global contexts and within the contexts of your needs and interests. The postgraduate course will enhance your ability to conduct rigorous practice-based research and policy analysis, and to disseminate your work.
It covers fundamental elements of education and early childhood theory and practice, including:
- Well-being and resilience in early childhood
- Contemporary issues in early childhood
- Learning technologies
- Critical and reflective practice in education
- Mentoring and coaching
- Critical pedagogy and anti-oppressive practice
There is also a 30-credit research project at the end of the programme where you will have the opportunity to apply theory to practice-based research.
A university with deep expertise in flexible study
A key benefit of the simple fact that more than half of our students studying part-time is a deep-rooted expertise when it comes to flexible learning. The delivery of this MA Education with Early Childhood exemplifies that experience, knowledge and expertise. The programme is studied entirely online in a collaborative and engaging online learning environment. It enables you to study at your own speed, when it’s convenient. Six start dates per year mean that applicants aren’t restricted to the traditional academic year and can start within weeks, and a pay-per-module option gives you financial flexibility and removes the need for large upfront costs. There are even postgraduate loans, for those that are eligible, to cover full programme costs.
An MA that tackles practical challenges of early childhood education
The MA Education with Early Childhood has been specifically created to develop the skills and expertise required to succeed and flourish as an early childhood educator. North Wales Management School makes full use of its close relationships with major employers and education providers to develop a programme that focuses on the practical and targets specific career outcomes in this specific professional context. This exemplifies the culture and capabilities of the university as a whole, which has been ranked in the top 10 UK universities for part-time students.
Entry requirements for home and international students
- You should have or be about to complete an undergraduate degree in any subject with a minimum grade of 2:2 (or equivalent qualification). We will also accept master’s degrees or equivalent.
- We may also accept applicants who do not have these qualifications based on two or more years of relevant work experience.
- If you earned your undergraduate degree outside the UK, you should check that it is equivalent to a 2:2.
English language requirements
- If English isn’t your first language, you may need to provide evidence of your English language ability. We accept:
- IELTS at 6.0 overall with no individual component below 5.5
- TOEFL overall minimum 60
- PTE Academic overall minimum 50
- Cambridge (CAE & CPE) overall 169 with minimum scores of 162 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.
- A degree qualification taught in English
- Evidence that you work in a company where English is the first language
- High school qualifications in English
- Completion of a Wrexham online test or Duolingo test
North Wales Management School online MAs are designed to be affordable, saving time and money. Tuition fees are calculated per eight-week module. You can enrol in and pay for each consecutive session as your studies progress. Payment is accepted through the online student portal and must meet the payment deadline.
Contemporary Issues in Early Childhood
Well-being and Resilience in Early Childhood
Critical and Reflective Practice in Education
Mentoring and Coaching in Education
Theory and Philosophy in Education
Learning Technology in Education
Critical Pedagogy and Anti-Oppressive Practice
Choose North Wales Management School
- Education department ranked number 1 in Wales for student satisfaction (Complete University Guide 2017)
- Top 10 university in UK for employability for UK-based graduates from part-time first degrees (Source: HESA PI E1b 2015/16)
- 99.1% were in employment or further study 6 months after completing their studies (Source: HESA PI E1b 2015/16)
- QAA-assured, industry-led programmes, incorporating deep knowledge and expertise of employer partners and tailored to the needs of the modern job market
- Close links with leading local and regional employers, including Toyota, Kellogg’s, Brother Industries and the BBC
- Expertise in flexible learning – more than half of our students study part-time
- Dedicated Student Success team supports you every step of the way – from enrolment right through to graduation
- International university of many cultures
- Programmes suitable for a wide range of academic backgrounds
- 10% fee reduction for graduates of Wrexham University